Reading Time: 2 minutes
A commercial roofing project can be extremely daunting, especially if you aren’t sure where to start.
The process involves several steps and people working together as a team. A process where efficiency and outstanding workmanship are necessary, but rarely acquired. From the assessment to the installation process, anything could happen- but not if we at Aabco Roofing have anything to do with it! Allow us to walk you through the process and make your vision come to life.
An assessment is done to determine the condition of the facility being roofed. Here your roofing contractor will determine what type of materials are required for the job, how much will be needed, and the urgency of the project.
The Installation Process
With the assessment out of the way, the installation process can now start.
Signed Roof Quote
You will need to submit a project proposal.
This proposal will provide you the opportunity to make any revisions to the project that fall in line with your building budget and needs. After an agreement has been reached, a contract is signed and the project can begin.
Scheduling the Roofing Project
Various factors affect the scheduling of your project.
- Extreme weather conditions are one of the most critical factors affecting the scheduling of a project. If the materials are temperature sensitive, this may limit you to the time of year.
- Most contractors work on a first-come, first-serve basis. Limited staff and multiple projects mean that you may have to wait for crew availability.
- After evaluating the facility, the level of urgency is determined. If your roof has significant issues, your project may be prioritized.
- The distance the crew must travel will affect the scheduling o your project, especially if it is out of town.
Roof Project Preparation
It’s the operation manager’s job to ensure that the necessary materials have been ordered and are ready. The safety director will take care of anything needed for the crew, or the public’s, safety. Finally, the production manager will make sure that the crew is on schedule for the project.
Day One of Roofing Project
The first day of the project is dedicated to the setup and further preparation for the project. Setting up safety equipment, trucks, and supplies, as well as discussions on how to interfere as little as possible with the owner’s daily routines.
Last Day of Roofing Project
The final day of the project is where the crew successfully finishes the installation and clears away their supplies or trash left at the project site.
How You Can Get Ready
Having people in and out of your home or office space will always be slightly frustrating but here are a few ways that you as an owner can prepare.
- Choose the best commercial roofing type for your building.
- Find a reliable roofing contractor, like Aabco Roofing.
- Inquire about the estimated cost of installation.
- Plan the project over a period where the least amount of disruption will be caused.
To ensure that a large-scale project runs smoothly is difficult enough, never mind having to find a contractor that you can trust! Being a family-owned and operated company, we at Aabco Roofing understand the stress of a large roofing project—let us help. For an assessment on your commercial roof or any further questions, don’t hesitate to contact us. Allow us to walk you through the process and make your vision come to life!